BLOG 1- Korea, a country I would love visiting.


In the world, there are many places I would like to go and know, although when I was young I always wanted to visit Asia, more specifically Japan and Korea, the first one because I like to watch anime and there are many cultural references in it that made me more and more curious about that country; the second, I started to be curious once I met the K-drama and Hallyu (Korean wave, describes the growth of popularity of contemporary Korean culture) where I met Kpop. It's kind of funny that I love these two countries because they hate each other due to the forced occupation of Japan, where countless atrocities were committed against the Korean people.

Since I learned about this country I started watching videos on the internet about their customs, architecture, beliefs, and cuisine, which left me fascinated because they are different from those of my country, Chile.

 That led me to be interested in their language as well, discovering that their alphabet is one of the most systematic and easy to learn in the world (unlike their language) Hangul was created and promulgated by King Sejong the Great before it Chinese characters were used to write (hanja) only people of high society were able to use it. After the creation of Hangul, illiteracy in Korea has almost disappeared.

Gyeongbokgung Palace
One of the places I would most like to visit once there is the capital of Korea, Seoul, which has beautiful tourist spots like the Han River,  N Seoul Tower, Gyeongbokgung, and Changdeokgung Palace,  Bukchon Hanok village (which is between these palaces), Myeongdong, Insadong, and many other places.

Hybe Insight
Also, visit the Hybe Insight cultural center, which is like a museum of my favorite group BTS and other Hybe Entertainment boy bands


One of the activities that I would like to do since I have seen it in K- dramas, is to walk along the Han River and taste all the delicious food such as Korean barbecue (gugi-gu-i) and drink soju. I would like to dress up in traditional Korean clothes (Hanbok) as well. Take a tour of the most haunted places in Seoul too.

Han River
Hanbok, traditional Korean clothes

Comments

  1. Very interesting, I had never thought that the way to write a language could also improve the literacy levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, when I started listening to kpop I really liked Korean culture, is very interesting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts